The focus of our research mentorship bursary this year is to support AHP clinicians to develop a plan for how they can undertake a systematic approach to service evaluation - for example, to measure the effectiveness and impact of a locally-developed pilot for a new service initiative.
Please check out the flyer above for more details.
The Research Mentorship Bursary comes from a grant awarded to the CAHPR Cumbria & Lancashire Regional Hub by the SHA to help us to develop the research capability of AHPs working in the region.
This will supplement our existing delivery of the research skills Masterclass workshops funded by a grant from the National Physiotherapy Research Network (NPRN).
This grant is used to provide up to five 'mentorship bursaries' which are awarded by a competitive process.
Applicants need to provide evidence of their personal commitment to developing their research skills, indicate how this activity will contribute to their organisation’s strategic research plan and include plans for sustainability.
- AHPs with increased research skills evidenced in their CPD portfolios
- Development of applied clinical research project proposals within AHP existing caseload and service settings
- Direct experience of collaborative working with research active staff in HEIs
- Drafting of research outputs for example conference poster presentations and clinical/academic journal papers
- Research training seminars
- One-to-one sessions with experienced researchers
- In-house bespoke research training
You can apply for the mentorship account either as an individual, team or group if you are an AHP working in Cumbria and Lancashire.
You may already have a Masters degree, but you are not eligible to apply if you already have a PhD, or are currently enrolled on a research award (eg MSc by Research, MPhil, or PhD).
You need to have the support of your manager and show us how your research activity will contribute to the strategic research aims of the organisation where you work.
Applications for the bursary are open from 8th - 29th March (12 noon). If you need further information please email us. Please make sure you put 'CAHPR Cumbria & Lancs Regional Hub Mentorship' in the subject line.
To download the flyer please click here or for the application form please click here.